Thursday, April 19, 2007

April 19, 2007 - Mexico City, Mexico

Welcome to my blog, I guess. My sister has a blog, I have friends that have blogs and I certainly pay attention to blogs about my industry and things I am interested in, but will anyone come here?

If a blog falls in the forest and no one reads it will it make noise?

So, why am I joining the 'blogger nation'? I guess there are many reasons, just like the rest of you: one, it's a great way to hold myself accountable to the things I write. Second, with friends and family widely scattered it's a great tool to stay in touch and let folks know what's going on. Third, this gives me the forum to discuss ideas and receive feedback that is vital in the creative process.

My bio:

I'm in my mid 30's, live in Atlanta, GA. I have been married now for almost 10 years and have two beautiful daughters. I am a Partner in a digital media/communications company. I'm an avid reader, golfer and community activist. I am also a graduate of the University of Florida, so plan on hearing plenty about the Gators!

What can you expect here? What will Gil talk about?

I imagine you'll hear about my life, family and business. My pursuit to get in better shape through running, my desire to enter the political world and take advantage of my Company's technology and communication messaging system. I'll also weigh in on world, national and local affairs. I also love to read and I'm sure I'll talk about that as well.

Ok. Post #1 is about to go 'in the can'. I'm off to a meeting here in Mexico City and then back to Atlanta Friday morning.

Goals for this weekend:

Run 3 times for a toal of 9-10 miles.
Post a message here.
Finish 'The Secret'

No comments: