Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 27, 2007 - Not much happening on a Wednesday...

Things are all quiet on the Western Front. There must be a storm a brewing...

We have a few down days before the 4th of July Holiday. After that we kick into high gear. My sister Tara, her husband and two boys are coming in for a few days. That should mean plenty of touristy stuff - Aquarium, New World of Coke, etc...then we leave on the 7th for a week, just us and the kids. It's the first time Ilene and I have taken a whole week to be by ourselves since our honeymoon! We are really looking forward to relaxing beachside, poolside, on the deck and everywhere in between. We'll be at Rosemary Beach, FL which is my first trip to the Panhandle.

What else? The Fightin' Phils are now within 2 games of the Mets so that has me happy. Being a Philly native I'm all about Philly sports but to tell you the truth I am ready for football season. I can't wake to take the girls down to Gainesville on Sept. 8th to see the Gators take the field and defend our National Championship.

Running pretty well at the tables. Shout out to my good buddy Mark Arum from WSB. He played in a World Series of Poker (WSOP) $1,500 No Limit Event and came in 18th! Awesome job wading through 2,780 'donkeys' to represent! He had a great chance to get to the Final Table but caught an unlucky break. My weekly game is tonight and I'll hear how some of those guys did in Vegas as well. Looks like I may head back out there in mid-July for a couple of Production Meetings. Then I won't be back (barring a shoot) until the group trip in October.

Not running the Peachtree...pulled my hamstring at Softball last week and it's very tight. I hate missing it, but the 6 miles would do some pretty bad damage even running a 10 minute a mile pace.

That's it.


Peace,



G

No comments: