Tuesday, July 24, 2007

July 24, 2007 - before there was www there was ww

Weight Watcher's that is!

Here's the deal. I don't see myself as big, not just 'fat' but tall as well. I was always the runt growing up. I don't think I hit a 100 lbs. and 5' 5" until my Junior year in High School. I know if you break out my Bar Mitzvah picture (13 years old) I am at least 2 inches shorter than my 5' tall mother!

So here I am 'trapped' in a 6'2" frame that is now holding a BLOATED 243.8 lbs according to the Weight Watcher's scale at the Monday Night Meetings I started last night.

Now, I did have a successful stint at WW back in 2002-2003, but then I had a GREAT support group. I took over an office who had 3 women who had lost a combined 120+ pounds! They dragged me to meetings, made sure I ordered good stuff at lunch, etc... Now I am on my own, though I have been drug into this by a buddy who has 5 other guys going (the cynic in me wants to know his cut :)).

I'm not totally out of shape. I can run 4-5 miles at a 9 and 1/2 minute pace. I just need to fix my eating issue, hence the WW.

A funny note on shape, a couple of years ago I told Cydney I was going to the gym to get in shape, she must have been 4 at the time, and she asked me "Daddy, what shape do you want to be?" I laughed for about a minute and said, "an upside down triangle", then she asked "what shape are you know"...I never answered, but I guess sort of ovally would have been good :)

I know there are lots of success stories out there, care to keep me motivated?

Tuesday posts will now include what I weigh...how's that for motivation?



Gil

4 comments:

Sherry Heyl said...

Carry a picture of yourself when you were at the weight/shape you want to be. That helped me once...need to try that again myself...

mrotzie said...

You're the most fit person in our entire family. You know that, right? Good luck with WW!

Bart's Camille said...

That's how I always lose my fluctuating 5-7 lbs. (and how I lost all the baby pounds too). I'm a lifetime member. I am about to start going to the meetings again. I'm at goal now but want to be about 5 under again. You can do it! I like the online tools, they help me a lot.

Alex Rogow said...

G-Money,

Loved catching up on your blog. I had no idea you were a WW lad. Good luck.

Can you tell me how many points are the Taco Mac "Nachos All The Way"?

- Alex