Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Coexist?

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the bumper stickers that say "COEXIST" which uses different religious/cultural symbols for some of the letters (e.g. - the ying-yang for the O). They seem to be popping up everywhere and while I understand the intention behind the message I feel 'we' as a race, the HUMAN RACE, are not seeing our potential.

Let's look at the word, which comes from exist. To exist at it's simplest definition is to be or to sustain.

I am tired of just existing! If our aspiration is to just get along and deal with each other so we don't kill each other then I want OUT!

When I hear existing I think of the hate being spilled by Pat Buchanon not the intent behind the cool bumper sticker.

Let's not give in and give up. The world can be so much more than one where we "peacefully coexist".

1 comment:

Sherry Heyl said...

I am so with you on this. Actually the 'chuch' I go to promotes such stickers, and again, I kinda get where they are coming from, but I think we can do so much better. How about Accept, Learn from each other, figure out where we agree, find the unity....then perhaps it will be a bit harder to hate, kill, torture, and so on....and that is why I have namaste in my signature line lately...