Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SEC Championship 2007

Usually this game has a ton of fanfare! For the 2 Universities playing in the game (Tennessee & LSU) I guess it still does but this year it will certainly be lacking the drama. All in all the SEC puts on a good show and there are lots of festivities around downtown that make it a great weekend.

There is also a lot of subtext to this years match up and around the nation:

1. Will Les Miles bolt for the Michigan job?
2. Will LSU fans care and who would replace him? Does Jimbo Fisher leave FSU already?
3. What's the deal with Phillip Fulmer? I guess he keeps his job but are UT fans happy?
4. Which BCS game does Georgia get? Personally I'd like to see them meet USC in the Rose Bowl but that would mean Ohio State is back in a Championship game and that would be a re-run of last year just substitute West Virginia for Florida.

I'll take LSU to win a pretty tight battle.

I'll have a complete Bowl rundown once the match ups are made and you can bet I'll be talking Heisman as my fellow Gator, Tim Tebow, is certainly a finalist if not the front runner.

No comments: