Tuesday, March 16, 2010

From the Blogger Lounge...

I'm on Day 3 here at SXSW while most of the folks here got here on Friday. There is definitely the growing sense of weariness as the Interactive Crowd is wrapping up and getting ready to move on for yet another year.

For three days now I knew this 'Blogger Lounge' was here but I haven't had the time to swing by and quite frankly I was a little bit scared. Now that I am in here I am full on scared!!! There are about 8 round tables set up with 8 seats per table and laptops are up and people are typing away furiously. If you have been reading me for awhile you might recall my first real Starbucks experience, well, this one tops it. At least for my trip to Starbucks I had directions and guidance, here I feel like a complete alien. Let's face it, I am a quasi blogger at best. I need lessons, I need help!!! I am afraid to even open my mouth as something completely stupid will come tumbling out...

So here I sit, with another 90 minutes before my next session. Loving that I can recharge though. Speaking of recharging, I don't think I mentioned the AT&T recharging stations here. They have this mini-locker set up where you open a locker with a key, put in your iPhone, lock her up and boom your iPhone is charging. I haven't needed it but it is super cool. I was sitting and watching though and this was the general behavior --- put phone in, stand off to the side, wait 3 minutes (tops), open locker to check phone, respond to email/texts, repeat for 30 -45 or until the phone is charged enough to go 2 more hours...

Sat in two good sessions this morning, the first about the changing dynamic of how sports is distributed. One of the panelists is the CEO of the Major League Gaming and another was the Interactive guy from Dr. Pepper who advertises with them. Pretty interesting to hear what is described as sports and how monetization of online video continues to evolve. The second panel was on Location Based Advertising and it had light bulbs going off for me the whole time. It was mostly a pitch from the speaker but it clearly has relevance. More later I'm sure as I took a ton of notes. Next up is a panel on the changing dynamic of the magazine space which is big for me and two of our clients in the publishing world and then I wrap up with an panel on Facebook.

All in all I have not had a single bad experience at SXSW and I really see where Definition 6 will have relevance here in 2011.

3 comments:

markopat said...

Somehow Gil, I just can't see you being intimidated by that group. Blog your ass off and show them who the bomb is...I'll vouche for ya!

MP

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]gilwolchock.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Research presents that closely 80% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.