Monday, February 4, 2008

Disney's newest 'golden goose'

Maybe I'm late to the party, even though my girls and I have been watching the show for 2 years now, but Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana is a serious GRAVY TRAIN. First, her father Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife seem to have done an amazing job keeping her grounded. Second, Disney has capitalized BIG TIME.

This weekend we took the girls to see the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 3D Tour Movie. Here is the REAL genius of the Disney folks. The movie is out for ONLY ONE WEEK - how's that for urgency people? Your 6-11 year old girls come screaming and you MUST act now. So, of course you are willing to take the girls to the show, right? Right. You hop on Fandango plug in your theater and show (the first 2 were sold out FYI) and you voila you are ready to purchase. Where are the kids priced tickets? What's this General Admission deal, this isn't a 'real' show right? Ticket price you ask, $15 plus a $2 surcharge (so the Fandango folks are capitalists as well :)). Four tickets to a movie is $68 - ouch!

Reality is though that the girls had a BLAST! They were up dancing and singing with a packed audience as if Miley was really there.

Yours truly hummed and sang as well since I'm a fan too :)

2 comments:

mrotzie said...

Maybe you should follow in Billy Ray's footsteps - start flat-ironing your hair and grooming one (or both) of the girls for pop stardom.

Sherry Heyl said...

I am sorry - but it is times like this that I am glad I have boys :)

Of course I am sure I do not have a clue what I am missing.