Monday, May 5, 2008

Random Thoughts from the Weekend

1. I'm very proud of the Hawks despite Sunday's blowout - next year will be a lot of fun and I think the front office can capitalize on the new fan support.

2. My Flyers are in the Conference Finals and I know the City of Philadelphia is excited! Can this be the year we break the curse of William Penn?

3. People that know me, know that I do not like to medicate, but the knee has been killing me so yes I have been taking Vicodin (just prescribed); well Saturday night I also drank 2 Jack & Diet Coke's - boy was I loopy. Thankfully I just hung out and watched the Flyers clinch their series and a couple of basketball games.

4. Cydney's soccer team won 5-1; we are now 6-0 on the year with 2 games left. I feel good about finishing my first season as Head Coach undefeated!

5. Watched the Kentucky Derby with the girls - they are really into any sport I watch but they LOVE horses. It was a very exciting race but watching the end and seeing them have to put down a beautiful horse was a shame. These PETA people who are in an uproar need to find something better to do with their time. Comparing horse racing to dog fighting is LUDICROUS!

6. I hate being in this holding pattern with the knee - thanks for every one's thoughts and well wishes. We should know the deal by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Dunwoody Concerned Parent said...

Gil,

Heard about the ACL. So sorry to hear the bad news! Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Sam