Monday, October 6, 2008

Still Processing

I am still trying to reconcile my weekend with Leadership Atlanta and figure out how to discuss it here while still keeping it authentic to the 37 other people I went through the experience with.

In short, it was impactful, humbling, unsettling, disturbing, painful and uplifiting.

This past weekend was our workshop on 'Race Relations/Awareness'. I learned so much about myself through this process. I know that change does not happen overnight, and I know I tend to be impatient but I have such a yearning to change the way people think immediately. Along with my classmates I pledge to change the way we see each other, the way we interact with each other, the way we treat each other and most importantly that future generations don't repeat the mistakes of ignorance that WE continue to make.

To my classmates, I appreciate all that you gave in honesty and reflection. I hope we continue this most important dialogue and not get frustrated or to allow all of the other distractions get too much in the way.

1 comment:

Steven Talbott said...

I have just caught up with the last few posts. Gil, you are a gifted writer. I look forward to reading your blog and seeing inspiration pouring out. From politics, to sports, to family, to leadership. You have always had a great ability to put things in perspective, and although I am not able to see you as often as before, I am able to stay connected to you through your blog. Thank you and keep it up!

Steve