Friday, February 5, 2010

To 'split' or not to 'split' that is the question

For the record I am staying put, you couldn't drag me away with 1,000 horses (is that how the saying even goes?).

What I am talking about is my blog, too which more than one of you might say, "do you even write enough any longer for it to matter?"...to you Craig, I say "ha ha".

The other night I attended a panel which was part of Social Media Week here in New York. The panel was about Sports Blogging, which is something I do fairly regularly. What I realized is that more than one panelist had multiple blogs, each devoted to different themes. In fact, one blogger, Dan Shanoff, has an entire blog dedicated to one player (Tim Tebow, if you don't have Tebow-fatigue you can find it here, http://www.timteblog.com/).

I realize I talk about a diverse amount of topics and I don't necessarily blog for a given audience, but by maybe splitting up into a couple different blogs, I could drive traffic based on content. The flip side would be my need to really focus on my writing and be more diligent about putting my thoughts down in a coherent pattern. I think I like the idea of the 'pay off'.

The next question is how 'diverse' do I get? Yes, it seems a sports related blog makes sense. I don't think I need just a 'Gator' focused blog, or a Fantasy Football one, well maybe one there, or a Philly related one...maybe baby steps, split once and go from there. Outside of sports I could see wrapping the rest up and staying here at 'Where Do We Go From Here' but who knows. I still like the title of this site because I am constantly still asking that question...

I guess my next step is to come up with a new name for a new blog and then I'm off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.