Monday, August 6, 2007

Random thoughts from the weekend

1. I LOVE the NFL Hall of Fame speeches! As my friends know, I am not a Michael Irvin fan per se, he did go to UM and them played for the Cowboys, but his speech was great. While I don't love Mike I have grown to respect him. He has made mistakes, many in fact, but has pretty much taken accountability for them. His speech last night showed a man humbled by his surroundings and his own place there. The Charlie Sanders moment saying 'Hi Mom' was awesome and the son of the Hall of Famer speech was amazing him being led out by the 3 running backs that he led into the Hall was cool.

2. More inspiration? How about the job NBC does with rebroadcasting the Ironman? Al Trautwig has a perfect voice for it! The way they profile athletes makes you think anyone can swim, bike and run in that heat. It's the 2nd time they broadcast the event and I got a lump in my throat again when they showed the John Blaise story.

3. Tiger Woods, need I say more?

4. Back to football...training camps are open, the preseason started last night and I am psyched. 26 days until the Gators open their season and 33 until we take the girls to the SWAMP for their first game at the University of Florida!

5. Tennis - on Saturday night we played mixed doubles with another couple. I am NO tennis player. In fact, it's only the 2nd time I've played in a 'competitive' match. Of course I won :) but I REALLY enjoyed it. So now I'm thinking of maybe getting a coach and trying out this ALTA deal. Ilene plays on a Ladies' Team and really enjoys it. I don't think it's that easy for guys. I'm very competitive and I realize I pretty much suck! Where do I start so I don't look like an ass is pretty much what I am trying to figure out :)

6. Lastly, but now first is the word POSITIVITY! For the most part I think I'm a pretty positive person but it is so easy to get caught up in the negative bullshit that swirls around. I am taking a conscious effort to the see the glass more than 1/2 full. Tomorrow will be the 6th anniversary of my father's death, enough of the self deprecating shit, I will try to think of the good times we shared, the love he had for his kids, and how proud he would be of myself and my sister of the people we have become and the children we are raising!

Stay tuned tomorrow to see if I dropped any weight in week 2!




G

1 comment:

mrotzie said...

1. Get a tennis coach. Seriously, do it. You know I despise this yuppie bullshit and I'm telling you to do it. I did and I looooved it.

2. I am curious to see your second week loss, because speaking of Wolchock largesse, your enormous nephew got measured today - at two months he is 25 inches long and 14.5 pounds. 98th percentile in length and 96th in weight. He is a monster!