Friday, September 28, 2007

Should be a great weekend in sports

1. The Fightin' Phils tied it up in the NL East last night. It's the first time I got chills watching a baseball game on TV since the 1993 NL Championship. Say what you want about us Philly Fans but you don't understand how much we love our teams! Do we boo too quicky sometimes? Maybe but we also get behind our boys like no others. Hearing the chants for J-Roll in the first was amazing and the support was there throughout the night. This weekend they welcome the Nats to town and hopefully Cole gets us off to a good start with a big W tonight! Wish I could be in Philly!

2. Night game at the SWAMP! They really didn't happen when I was in school, the first big one was 1991 against the Noles and it was awesome. The atmosphere should be electric. Auburn is a bit down this year but they will fight and it will hopefully be a bit of revenge for the Gators as they were our only blemish on last year's schedule. All goes well and you are looking at a TON of hype about Florida-LSU next weekend which I am sure will also be a night game in Death Valley.

3. On the home front BOTH girls have 8:00 AM soccer games tomorrow morning. I love coaching soccer but these 8:00 AM games are killer, especially when you have girls (the hair takes 20 minutes). Tomorrow will be especially tough to get out of the house as Ilene will be off at 6:00 AM to the Atlanta 2-Day Breast Cancer Walk. I can't tell you how proud I am of Ilene for dedicating the last few months to preparing for this. My lovely wife really loves her sleep, and to see her get up early on the weekends to train has been inspirational. She is walking for a great cause and she has worked very hard to be able to walk 30 miles in 2 days!

4. Don't sleep on the NFL either. Eagles have a huge game against the Giants and on the Fantasy front I take my 3-0 record up against my arch rival the BucXpress. I am looking for my 5th straight win against Rob dating back to the 2005 Championship!

No comments: