Monday, October 1, 2007

Phil's Win, Phil's Win!

All I can say is wow!

It's too bad that this will mostly be looked at as a NY Met collapse but give the Fightin' Phils' there due. They won 13 of 17 and SWEPT the Mets TWICE in the last 3 weeks. Unlike the Mets, they also took care of business beating the teams they should have beat. Why do the Phils' deserve credit? Take away the Mets collapse and the Phillies are still playing today, tied with San Diego and Colorado for the Wild Card. It was 27 years ago when I truly understood the power of sports as I watched the Phillies beat the Royals for the World Series with my stepfather, I hope we can do it again here in 2008!

All that excitement was certainly tempered by the first Gator loss in over a year and whatever you want to call the Eagle game last night but at the end of the day the Gators will be fine and the Phillies are going to the Postseason!

Fantasy team moves to 4-0 beating our biggest rival, I should hold on to the overall lead as well, but not by much, not a good week for scoring!

No comments: