Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Patience...

Patience with the process is something I heard awhile ago and thought I subscribed to it, but I also realize I am basically an impatient person, which I don't think is a bad thing if reigned in. I am hungry and aggressive to reach my goals thanks to that impatience.

So today at lunch a Leadership Atlanta classmate and I were discussing her job situation and what she wants to 'really' be doing and I was impressed with how thought out and methodical she was. She knew what the present reality was and she knew what the future reality will be and she has the patience to see them through.

So here I sit, about to embark on 3 business trips between May 27th and June 11th that should be the start of the great things I envision, I just need to have the same focus and peace with the process to go along with the patience.

With that in mind I 'googled' - "patience quotes" and I think I got better than I bargained for...


“All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope” - Alexandre Dumas


"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.”


“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions” -Rainer Maria Rilke


“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”


“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” - Tolstoy


“Patience and fortitude conquer all things” - Emerson


and my favorite, from one of my favorite Philadelphian's ----

“He that can have Patience, can have what he will” - Benjamin Franklin

No comments: