Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ahhh...the power of 'The Secret'

Put it out there and it will happen right...

For my next trick I will have a million dollars in 6 months, a new BMW 550i, membership at The Standard Club, zero debt and a new kitchen...

...back to reality, this morning I wrote about the Wii and now, just a few hours later, I have one! Persistence and perseverance come in early.

I called several places and went to Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us (TRU) and Costco. One of the places I called, GameStop/EB Games said they were waiting on a shipment any day and their daily arrivals usually happen around 1:00. So, at 1:10 I called over there and yes indeed they had arrived. I zipped on over and now have my Wii. I was most excited about Guitar Hero III but low and behold they did not have that and the clerk said the entire city was out. He felt good about 7-10 for more. Well, on my way back into the office I thought, let's swing into the TRU in Buckhead and give it a shot...guess what 2 Wii guitars left...today is my day after all!

Unfortunately set up probably won't happen until late tonight or tomorrow since I have a basketball game tonight but I am psyched.

2 comments:

Sherry Heyl said...

well disregard my comment on the previous post - and although I've heard good things about Guitar Hero - I have to tell you Rock Band ROCKS!

Coming soon to a Wii near you - http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777553p1.html

Bart's Camille said...

Happy Belated Birthday Gilly! 39 huh? Amazing. I found a photo of me and some of my girlfriends - we were 16. I sat there staring at it - letting it soak in that my daughter is 2 years away from that age - letting it seep in that I am over twice that age now. If I can just go ahead and cast my vote now for reincarnation I'd like to do that. I wouldn't mind a do-over all over again.

Anyways.... Happy 39!