Friday, January 30, 2009

Will the writing get any better? Let's hope so

Over the last year and a half of building this blog I have truly come to love writing and being able to express myself. I was not expecting anyone to read me consistently, let alone 'follow' me except for my mother and a few other friends that i have picked up along the way. In fact, that might still be reality some days, however, I have received so much great feedback from people whom I love, cherish and value their opinions. This group includes at least THREE professional 'writers' as well as TWO editors. Thank God the TWO of them have not jumped all over my grammar, syntax and all the technical stuff. Instead it seems most of the feedback focuses on my 'voice' and how I am able to convey my thoughts here on the screen.

Reality is that I type 'stream of consiciousness' and don't really go back and change anything outside of spell check (a hush falls over the room as you all collectively go "DUH" - LOL). I want to change that without losing my 'voice' so I have decided to take a WRITING CLASS. I am starting with a 'Creative Writing 101' course that starts on February 2nd. The course is offered through the Gotham Writers Workshop out of New York City, so every Monday night I will get on a plane, go to class on Tuesday and fly home Tuesday night. Who wants to meet in the City for dinner on the next 6 Mondays? Ok, so I am not getting on a plane every week - the class is on the INTERNET, through a series of 'tubes' I will be able to take a class, communicate with my teacher and even share my writings with the class.

I am very excited to contimnue to share a lot of my personal feelings here as well as my unique look at sports, politics and life but now you can start looking for a new series of 'creative pieces'. I share this as some of you might wind up reading some of it and go..."what the F is happening down there in Atlanta?"...hopefully it will be exercising my creative mind and not sharing...maybe I should use different color text...probably the two will cross over anyway...

Meanwhile, I am anxious to start, put up my first piece and have my 'editiorial' and support staff let me know how I am doing.


Shabbat Shalom

1 comment:

markopat said...

Bring it bud! I check your blog every day and am quite excited when you post. Here's to a great 09 Gil!