Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Working on getting better

I've been 'blogging' now for awhile but never really wanted anything more from it except for my own personal gain. I like to tell stories, I like having opinions and occasionally I like making people laugh or think.

I want more now. I think I have found my voice and developed a 'style' and I think there is more out there for me.

Today I went to the book store and picked up a book on the topic as well as one about writing. I think I am going to look to take a creative writing class as well. There is a lot inside of me and I think some of it is even worthwhile for public consumption - LOL.

Tonight, I am closing the laptop and I am going to read, not for pleasure (though I have been doing that and I HIGHLY recommend Daniel Silva and the book The Messenger).

As a kid I wanted to be a Sports Broadcaster and I started at UF as a Journalism Major. The 'writer' in me is alive and I want to explore it.

I have loved all the positive feedback publicly and even the great constructive criticism I have gotten from my personal editor and proofreader. To become better I need it all and I hope you will feel free to assist, someday I'll give you credit in my great masterpiece ;-)

No comments: