Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The little things

It always amazes me how much gratification and pleasure comes so much more easily from the small things that life gives us. It has been a pretty rough last few days as I continue to sit in a holding pattern on the knee and a couple other minor hurdles were put out there, but yesterday I received a nice little package in the mail from the State of Georgia that helped put things in perspective.

Does that have you curious? What did Gil do? Is he being sued? Is he being summoned? Come on already just tell us...

My new LICENSE PLATE came in the mail. Earlier in the year The University of Florida FINALLY got their own plates here in GEORGIA. Usually I would be the first in line, and actually I was, but something got screwed up so I just waited until my tags were up for renewal, which was this month! Yesterday, I poked my head in the mailbox and there they were, 2 new license plates...I'll have to add the picture when I take one :); so 2 cars down with Gator Plates, one to go when the 3rd car's tags are up (January). My tag #'s are 3176 & 3177. It gives me great pleasure to know 3175 other Gators are pissing of Georgia Bulldog fans on a daily basis in their lovely Atlanta commutes.





So with that I once again see all the small things in life that outweigh all the crap:

- the way Cydney hugs me in the morning
- the way Rae Rae screams 'Daddy' when I walk in from a long day
- the way words from a friend or family member can touch my soul so deeply
- a late afternoon thunderstorm that blows the heat away
- the warm sun beating down, while the wind blows by as you drive
- the lyrics of a song that capture your mood.or your life to a 'T'


Today, like everyday is a renewal, and sometimes even a revival.

No comments: