Monday, September 15, 2008

breaking through the 'block'

Time is the great equalizer
Time heals all wounds
Love knows no time

Like sands through the hourglass and all that silly stuff…

I watch the girls grow up day by day, month by month and year by year. From moment to moment they remain unchanged but over the span of 8 years so much has changed. For that matter so much has changed over what will soon be 40 years but so much remains the same.

I was once a very shy child. Today I see that shyness in Cydney. I was once overly sensitive and today I see that in Cydney (and yes I remain sensitive in some cases and not so much so in others). I once was intense and absorbed with learning; I see that intensity in Rachel. I once had fits of rage and uncontrollable outbursts; I see these in Rachel and wish they would pass and not happen for her.

Time continues to baffle me. I have had relationships that have lasted 30 plus years now that are on the level with ones crafted within the last 8 months. I have met people in the last 3 weeks that have changed my perspective on our city and world. I have loved, been loved and lost loves but my heart still yearns for peace and comfort.

I am not yet at peace in my own skin, when does time fix that? I have accomplished a lot yet often feel unfulfilled.

No comments: