Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rehab Update - Week 10

WOW! I just realized how long it has been since a rehab/weight update!

I am in week 10 and things are going amazingly. I have MAXED out the leg press machine both from a weight standpoint as well as how close I can get to the machine in full squat. I have also maxed out this machine that forces my leg to bend at the knee. I have also begun PLYOMETRICS, which is a fancy word for jumping, which means they bill me at a higher rate, and lastly I finally began some 'running'. It is basically working through a rope ladder on the floor and a little light jogging. I started this 2 weeks ago and when I left the rehab center I broke down. I had spent 10 months building up to running 10 miles then spent 163 days without any running like movement. It was a humbling and proud moment for me but also a little bittersweet as I was terribly winded after these short little bursts.

I had lunch today with a very close friend and one of my inspirations and he filled me in on his first triathlon and I got excited just thinking about it. He also commented on my continuing improving shape (yes, I am comfortable with our relationship :) ).

On that note, I am down to 222 lbs. that is a total of 27 lbs in about a year and 5 lbs. post surgery.

No comments: