Monday, September 29, 2008

May you be inscribed in the Book of Life...

Tonight begins the celebration of the Jewish New Year, or Rosh Hashanah. It is now the year 5769, a pretty long time for a people to be around.

Rosh Hashanah is not in my 'top 3' favorite Holidays but it is one of our two High Holy Days. I'm not all that big on the food and I certainly get antsy sitting in Temple for 2 plus hours for two days. I am looking forward to the first big sermon from my friend and Rabbi, Peter Berg. He came to Atlanta as our Rabbi in July and I have had the pleasure of being friends with him for a little over 10 years. In fact, he officiated Cydney's baby naming in Dallas, Tx.

What Rosh Hashanah is good for, at least for me, is reflection over the last year and looking forward to the year to come. I have dealt with many adversities over the last year, most that I did not see coming but I have had a few WONDERFUL surprises that have shown me how much life really is worth living. That is my biggest goal for the year 5769, appreciate the life I have been given and truly LIVE it. I know that some days will be tougher than others but I also know I have the support of loved ones, near and far.

May you have a happy, healthy and sweet New Year!

1 comment: