Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week #3 Writing Assignment

So up until now I have posted the assignment and then my creative piece off of that.

This week I am struggling a bit and I am not sure why. Here's the assignment:

Make a list of five things you hate. These can be grand things, such as world leaders who lie, or these can be relatively minor things, such as carpet. Try to include one or two “hates” that no one else is likely to think of. Feel free to be petty or politically incorrect.

Pick the “hate” on your list that you find most interesting. The most eccentric choice might be best.

Then write a short piece presenting your “hate”—what it is, why you hate it. Write this very much as you would talk to someone you know. If you end up with some “telling,” that’s okay for this kind of thing. And if you find yourself launching into a rant, that’s fine, too.

But try not to go over 500 words.


You'd think this would be easier for me since I can go on a rant and exude some great hate, but maybe I've become more of a lover in my old age - LOL!

Tonight I plan on opening a bottle of something and putting pen to paper but if anyone has some good outrageous 'hates' you'd like me to explore --- FIRE AWAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

esata [URL=http://couponcodesdominos.com]dominos jobs[/URL] MJeasvacwseeeteewrne