Friday, August 29, 2008

It's so close I can feel it...

I am actually talking about several things with that line, not in the least are:

1. Football season
2. My FAVORITE season - Autumn
3. Our Fantasy Football show getting set to take off!

So, let's 'tackle' them in that order.

1. As I type this the Gators take the field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in less than 26 hours from now. I get very nostalgic thinking about all of my 'firsts' in that stadium and on that campus. I remember the first time I set foot in The Swamp. I was a high school Senior and we went up for Gator Growl (Homecoming). I knew right then and there that Gainesville would always be HOME. I remember throwing the ball around on the astro turf back then and I even remember a crazy night where I wound up on the G that was painted for Goal Line but I was convinced it was for Gil. Let's just say there is a spot on my arm/wrist that hair will never grow thanks to that astro turf...sorry no details my Mom reads this blog :).

Optimism is everywhere in college football this time of year but I really do believe this season can be a special one for the Gators. I'm not sure Tebow can win back to back Heisman's but I do think we can go 12-1 and wind up playing for it all in MIAMI at the Orange Bowl - WOW, that would be INCREDIBLE! I know where I will be and I know Denise will have our lucky sweatshirt ready to go!

2. The fall is just the best time of year. I love the change in weather, I like to pull out different clothes to wear. I like waking up to the cool air and opening the windows in the evening and breathing the fresh air. I love the change in the foliage and the smell of a fire roaring in the neighborhood. Of course fall also ushers in football and closes out baseball and it also welcomes back hockey and basketball. Driving with the radio blasting, windows down letting the cool breeze take you wherever you want to go, literally or figuratively, that is what fall is about for me.

3. The FFL Guru - wow, this journey that Jordan and I started last year is really beginning to take flight. First, we signed the deal with 790 The Zone and you can reach us directly from their website (www.790thezone.com), then we grabbed a 'title sponsor' in Lincoln and the new MKZ, and the latest news, we are now a part of the World Championship of Fantasy Football (www.wcofs.com). We officially kick off with them next week when Jordan will be in Vegas for their weekend extravaganza and draft. We will be covering the event and we will also be participants. Viewers will be able to follow our progress in their Leagues through our weekly videos. We also are creating a custom front end for them so they can sell their own advertising which is where we make some money. Lastly, they have over 100,000 players who will now be watching The FFL Guru TWICE a week - traffic should skyrocket and that can only mean good things for us, our partners and our advertisers.

Cheers to what should be the most rewarding season ever and a terrific launching into 2009!

No comments: