Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Summer of the ACL tear/rehab update

and it's not just mine! The Florida Gator Football team lost its 5th player to an ACL tear this offseason. This includes 2 starters and a couple of guys who were going to be fighting for playing time.

I know bad things happen in threes so I am hoping this is it; Tiger's ACL, my ACL and now 5 Gator ACL's.

As for my rehab; this week started off really well. On Tuesday morning I was able to bend my knee to 125 degrees and we have now integrated in some weight training on the legs. My leg looks almost normal, as some definition is returning to the quad, but there is still some swelling.

I have a big appt. with the surgeon on Friday as we are 5 weeks out and he wants to take a look. There is a chance he will want to drain the knee due to the swelling but hopefully not. Next week is a biggie because I get my first 'post surgery strength test' on that g-d awful Cybex machine. If all goes well I will be jogging Sept. 4th - which happens to be the opening night in the NFL, very nice!

No comments: