Friday, August 29, 2008

Palin, who the heck is Palin?

Ok, can I get a conservative voice here to tell me exactly who this woman is and a real reason she is the VP Candidate on the Republican ticket?

I looked at her bio and stuff on CNN. She is 44 and has been Governor of Alaska since 2006...ok...so this is the person who is 'ready' to be Commander in Chief if/when the 72 year old McCain should not make it through his Presidency? All I have heard from Republicans for a year now is Obama is 'not ready' to lead...hmmmm...I guess President of Harvard Law Review, Illinois State Senate and the US Senate is not enough compared to 'owner of hunting and fishing outfit' and Mayor of a town of 1,400.

So what's the attraction for the Republicans? Well I guess there is the OBVIOUS which I will save for the end:

1. She is big on environmental issues - or supposedly since she's been rocking the Governor Mansion for 1.5 years
2. She's young - well we know why that IS important (play the baton death march music here)
3. She is a lifelong member of the NRA (thank G-d)
4. She seems pretty peppy (again cue the mortuary music)

I'll just assume she is pro-life but CNN didn't say...

And the BIG WINNER IS:

SHE IS A WOMAN, A YOUNG WOMAN, AND SHE IS NOT HILLARY CLINTON!

I can see it now - thinly veiled, maybe not so thinly, comments made to woo the Hillary Dems that are disgruntled still.

I guess it makes things interesting and I am really waiting to see comments from the hardcore conservative base. I get not going Romney (two rich white dudes) but was this the best option? Again, I need a conservative to chime in because I really do want to know.

Can you imagine the Clinton's if McCain should die in Office? The first woman President and it's not Hillary...

No comments: