Monday, July 28, 2008

Finally a Championship for Philadelphia and my TV problems seem to be solved (Hallelujah)

Ok, so it's not one of the BIG 4 Leagues (NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA) but this morning my hometown is finally celebrating a championship, our first since the 1983 Sixers! Most of you are scratching your heads and thinking, who cares or what the F does he mean, or both. Well, yesterday afternoon the Philadelphia Soul (that's Arena Football folks) won Arena Bowl XXII in New Orleans. I watched most of it as I was in tremendous pain and on a pretty strong dose of Vicodin at the time, but Arena Football is fun to watch! Add on the fact that Jon Bon Jovi and Ron Jaworski own the team and I am fan. A few months ago I met Ron and we had a great conversation about the Soul and Philly in general. I am even working on a project with his daughter and one of their businesses so it was fun to fire off an email to them this morning congratulating them on the win. I'm sure there will be no ticker tape parade but hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Philly. A lot of people comment about my passion for Philly Sports as well as that of my Alma Mater, THE University of Florida. For me they are a part of me and I them. This time of year I jones for Mick Hubert saying "oh my" as Tebow plows through the FSU line or Percy Harvin rips a huge run again the Dawgs...I can't wait for Asante Samuel to pick off his first pass in an Eagles uniform or see Brian Westbrook break free for a game winning score.

In related news, the TV. I have been reticent to admit that there is a problem with my SONY GRAND WEGA. In fact, it's been quite awhile that an ugly blue haze has been slowly creeping in from the right side of the screen. At first, I blew it off but in the last couple of weeks its gotten worse and these very tiny blue dots started popping up like zits on 14 year old. Months ago I went to the web and found a bunch of people complaining about the problem but no solutions were out there. I was at my wits end and was thinking that I was going to have to sink $2500 into a new TV just 3years after getting this one. On top of that, we had the built in specially designed for the SONY specs so my options were going to be limited. At the last minute, Ilene suggested I google the problem again. Thank G-d for that one, as now I found the same people with the problem but also a SOLUTION, and a FREE one to boot. Turns out SONY had been notified of the problem and they are now including service as part of an extended warranty at NO CHARGE!!!!! Woo freakin hoo!!!!!!! Part should be in within a week or so and I will be back in full HD, digital view in time for the NFL PRESEASON!!!!!

No, Ilene does not get to take the $2,500 and spend it on something for her :)

1 comment:

mrotzie said...

I can not comprehend spending $2500 on a television set. Is that a typo?