Monday, July 21, 2008

Stress free living

Sounds more than nice right now believe me!

Friday night I came as close to it as I have in a long time. I spent 5 hours alone with Rachel at the ballpark. Except for the barrage of questions as we sat in Atlanta rush hour traffic down to the park it was such an enjoyable experience. With two kids so close in age I think the younger one gets the shorter end of the stick sometimes so they can act out or demand more attention' strange concept I know.

Anyway, Rachel, when she is one on one is just BANANA-DICULOUS. She is loving, affectionate and downright funny. We had amazing seats just above the 3rd base and we had a blast. Ilene asked if we went to the kids area and I totally forgot there was one! Rachel watched every pitch and cheered for the Braves every time something good happened. I even smiled when that infernal chop music came on and she did her thing. She did say, "Daddy I will only chop once so you don't get upset" and she later said, "Don't worry Daddy I will always love the Gators"...gotta love her!!!!!!

On Friday nights after the games they are doing fireworks this year. Rachel was stoked for them but I figured they would be pretty rinky dink. Was I WRONG! The display lasted a good 15-20 minutes and unlike your typical 4th of July display where everything leads to one 30 second Grand Finale this was like 15 minutes of Grand Finale. The music was great and it was a perfect capper to a great night and the start of Rae Rae's 6th birthday week.




2 comments:

Steven Talbott said...

That is awesome Gil! She is adorable! What a good post, you made my day. Thanks!

markopat said...

Great Pix and sounds like a really great day! Way to go DAD!

Mark