Monday, July 14, 2008

The Journey of a 1,000 miles starts with the first step

With any great adventure you must simply BEGIN. Today I began the road back. Of course I mean my knee but maybe it means a lot of things.

Thanks to my physical therapist, Mark, I am off to a great start. This morning we stretched my leg out ans measured it and bent it and measured it. We got to 54 degrees and before we finished Mark promised I would be at 90 degrees. We went through my range of motion exercises and early strengthening ones. The final one was another knee bending exercise where we did in fact get to 90 degrees! I am excited but exhausted! I am also nauseous thanks to all the anesthesia and percocet running through my system!

Wednesday I get on the bike and even use weights!!!!!!!!

What a far cry from 10 years ago where I lay dormant for 4 weeks after ACL reconstruction.

Lots of goals will be coming from me very shortly but for now I have October 14th circled on the calendar and my goal to play 18 holes and November 14th to what should be a full recovery!

Just received my SECOND cookie bouquet, perfect timing as I was almost out from the first one that arrived the morning of surgery :)

Thanks again for all the calls, emails and posts!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Steven Talbott said...

You were supposed to share that bouquet with the GIRLS! :)
Glad to see you are feeling well.