Tuesday, July 1, 2008

there is only one way to move - FORWARD

As I deplaned yesterday what I thought was my worst fear with the knee came true...the surgeon called, in person this time, to tell me he needed to postpone my procedure once again. He was very nice and very humble and he also suggested I 'fire' him and get this thing done with another doc in the practice.

I jumped in the car and went to the office to meet with my physical therapist/trainer to help me make a choice. We looked at 3 docs in the practice and he called each one of them personally to set me up. I am now re-scheduled for July 10th, 1 day earlier, so that makes me happy. We also chose to use one of the docs who does the same hamstring procedure that I was preparing for. We looked hard at the old style procedure (patella tendon) but after sleeping on it overnight I opted to stick with the hamstring deal.

I remained calm, didn't let the adversity affect me and I moved swiftly towards my goal.

I finally believe the tower has called the pilot signaling me to make my approach and get out of the holding pattern.

I am in 2 'weight challenges' now and I hope to keep you updated as I attempt to shed these last 15-20 pounds despite the surgery.

1 comment:

markopat said...

Rock On Big Dawg!

you can do it!

Good luck with the surgery!

Mark