Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The start of week 2 @ rehab

Sounds like a line from an Amy Winehouse song...oh yeah, she would never get to WEEK 2.

This morning was my first appt. of the week and 3rd overall. Mark is on vaca so I got a fill in girl and she was certainly no Mark but I pushed ahead.

Did great on the bike this morning; the range of motion felt so much better and I was able to bang out 1.9 miles in 10 minutes (at least I think it's miles, I probably need to ask if it is set to miles or kilometers) which almost doubles the last session. Did the usual exercises at this point and the only real troublesome one was balancing on the surgically repaired leg while on a trampoline. I had to do this 10 times for 10 second intervals and my leg shook throughout.

Towards the end of the session it came down to measurement time and I was able to bend my knee 113 degrees which is up from 97 degrees last time. I am very happy there. In fact, I am overall very pleased with my progress. The only thing I still can't seem to be progressing on is taking steps going down.

More later...

No comments: